Monday, May 25, 2009
KL Trip
I took a plane to KL on Friday night to attend the 2nd stage of the AirAsia Cadet Pilot Sponsorship - The Psychomotor Test.
I prepared well, knowing what I needed to know and studied what I needed to study from all the forums I've read about the test. According to the forums, it's something like this:
1st Stage:
There's a vertical and a horizontal line in which is constantly moving due to wind factors. Objective is to focus the two lines on the crosshair at the centre of the screen.2nd Stage:
Three men having squares or circles on either their left or right hand, facing you or not, upside down or not. Objective is to determine the shapes and on which side is the man holding it. Approximately 7 seconds to answer and the time gets shorter every round.3rd Stage:
Objective is to determine whether the geometrical shape can be found in the 1st box, the 2nd, or neither. Approximately 45 seconds to answer this.
Objective is to match the shapes and colour in about 5 seconds each round if I'm not mistaken. Easy.5th Stage:
Objective is to fly this plane through a series of boxes. This one can be quite tough according to the forums.So! Ready as ever to beat the test, I stepped into the AirAsia Academy and waited for my turn to enter the exam room. Once I saw another applicant leaving the room, I asked him how it was like. This time applicants were so friendly we talked so much. However...
News shocked me.
The test was nothing like the above. It was a flight simulator test! WTF! The real thing?! Yeap, the real thing!
Having no idea how in the world to fly a plane, I went in there all scared and such. Luckily there was a short tutorial before flight commences. And I managed to understand the controls and flight procedures. I gave it a go.. the best go I could give.
There were 2 stages - taking off and landing. 3 trials each. First is a practise trial run. Second and third were the assessments.
For taking off, I got 80, 87 and 97 respectively. As for landing, I crashed the first trial and got 0, 70 and 80 respectively. Marks are out of 100%. Good you say? Not really. Others got 99 and 100s. Shiiizzzz!
Oh wells. Hope for the best. At least now I can say..
iFlew. lame
Visited my cousin, Phoebe after that. How adorable she is. Just look at the pictures. Blur though. She was moving excitedly and playing so playfully. Haha. What a sweet thing to watch.
The highlight was that I got to see her stand on her own for the very first time. Her parents were so excited when it happened. I was too!
I also got to visit Nilai International University College while I was there, the school I will be enrolled into this September - which is a very long time from now. Darn. But it's a nice place. It does look like some sort of a resort because of all the trees and the garden like feature of the whole area. The only thing is that I'm sure it's gonna be a really boring place to be in. It's just in the middle of nowhere. Shizzzz...
Flew back to Kuching on Sunday evening. Then back to my current life again. Nothing but nothing to do. Except hang out with friends who would be leaving me all alone very very soon. But I love their company.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home